Cannabis in Tuvalu is illegal with severe punishments for the production, sale, and possession of marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes. Due to the nation's high development index, illegal substance abuse effectively does not exist in Tuvalu and there were no reports of drug-related crimes on Tuvalu in 2019 or 2020.
Tuvalu, like other island nations in the West Pacific is utilised as a staging point in the illicit drug trade, between South East Asia and Australasia.
- ^ "Legal status of cannabis in Tuvalu - Cannaconnection.com". www.cannaconnection.com. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- ^ "DANGEROUS DRUGS ACT" (PDF). Tuvalu Legislation. 2008-12-31. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- ^ "International Labour Organization" (PDF). Decent Work Country Programme for Tuvalu. May 2010. p. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 January 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- ^ "Tuvalu 2019 Crime & Safety Report". www.osac.gov. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- ^ "Tuvalu 2020 Crime & Safety Report". www.osac.gov. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- ^ Cranston, Frank. "Tourism Flaws Jewels of the Pacific" (PDF). Retrieved 2020-04-28.