|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||g·mol−1 310.437|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Cannabinodiol (also known as cannabidinodiol and CBND) is a psychoactive cannabinoid that is present in the plant Cannabis sativa at low concentrations. It is the fully aromatized derivative of cannabidiol (CBD) and can occur as a product of the photochemical conversion of cannabinol (CBN).
“During the initial proceedings in a 2016 8th Circuit Court Of Appeals case, United States v. Ramos… Dr. Trecki noted that marijuana also produces some of these effects because marijuana contains THC, he explained that marijuana plants also contain a moderating chemical, cannabidiol, that mediates THC’s effects [*919] and reduces euphoria. Finally, Dr. Trecki explained that synthetic cannabinoids carry risks that are ‘very uncommon for marijuana including seizures, coma, and death.’”
- Medical cannabis
- Sean D. McAllister; Pierre-Yves Desprez (21 July 2015). “Patent US9084771 – Methods and compositions for treating cancer”. Sutter West Bay Hospitals.
- Lewis, Melissa M.; Yang, Yi; Wasilewski, Ewa; Clarke, Hance A.; Kotra, Lakshmi P. (2017). “Chemical Profiling of Medical Cannabis Extracts”. ACS Omega. 2 (9): 6091–6103. doi:10.1021/acsomega.7b00996. PMID 30023762.
Δ9-THC, cannabinol (CBN), and cannabinodiol (CBND) are known to be psychoactive
- Robert J.J.Ch, Lousberg; Ludwig Bercht, C. A.; van Ooyen, Ronald; Spronck, Hubertus J. W. (1 January 1977). “Cannabinodiol: Conclusive identification and synthesis of a new cannabinoid from Cannabis sativa“. Phytochemistry. 16 (5): 595–597. doi:10.1016/0031-9422(77)80023-X.
- ElSohly, Mahmoud A.; Slade, Desmond (22 December 2005). “Chemical constituents of marijuana: The complex mixture of natural cannabinoids”. Life Sciences. NATURECEUTICALS (NATURAL PRODUCTS), NUTRACEUTICALS, HERBAL BOTANICALS, AND PSYCHOACTIVES: DRUG DISCOVERY AND DRUG-DRUG INTERACTIONS Volume I: Natureceuticals (Natural Products), Herbal Botanicals, Psychoactive Hallucinogens and Related Products. 78 (5): 539–548. doi:10.1016/j.lfs.2005.09.011. PMID 16199061.
- “Use of Cannabis Cannabidiol Extracts to Reduce Symptoms for Diseases such as Epilepsy”. CBD Creams For Pain.