|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||390.561 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
AM-1248 is a drug that acts as a moderately potent agonist for both the cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2, but with some dispute between sources over its exact potency and selectivity. Replacing the 3-(1-naphthoyl) group found in many indole derived cannabinoid ligands, with an adamantoyl group, generally confers significant CB2 selectivity, but reasonable CB1 affinity and selectivity is retained when an N-methylpiperidin-2-ylmethyl substitution is used at the indole 1-position. The related compound 1-pentyl-3-(1-adamantoyl)indole was identified as having been sold as a cannabinoid designer drug in Hungary in 2011, along with another synthetic cannabinoid AM-679.
Sweden’s public health agency suggested to classify AM-1248 as hazardous substance on June 1, 2015.
As of October 2015 AM-1248 is a controlled substance in China.
- Frost, J. M.; et al. (2010). “Indol-3-ylcycloalkyl Ketones: Effects of N1 Substituted Indole Side Chain Variations on CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor Activity”. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 53 (1): 295–315. doi:10.1021/jm901214q. PMID 19921781.
- US patent 7820144, Makriyannis A, Deng H, “Receptor selective cannabimimetic aminoalkylindoles”, granted 2010-10-26
- WO patent 200128557, Makriyannis A, Deng H, “Cannabimimetic indole derivatives”, granted 2001-06-07
- Jankovics P; et al. (August 2011). “Detection and identification of the new potential synthetic cannabinoids 1-pentyl-3-(2-iodobenzoyl)indole and 1-pentyl-3-(1-adamantoyl)indole in seized bulk powders in Hungary”. Forensic Science International. 214 (1–3): 27–32. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2011.07.011. PMID 21813254.
- “23 nya ämnen kan klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara”. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- “关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知” (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.