New page reviewer
- ( )
- @Nirmaljoshi: Could you please take a look at the guidelines for granting this right, and give us some information on how you meet them? – Joe (talk) 13:58, 7 September 2023 (UTC)
Granted perm for trial period approximately three weeks ago. While I haven't reviewed quite as many pages as I would have liked in that time frame due to working a pair of BLP WP:GAN's: Mitch Love, and Dustin Wolf. But after reviewing about 100 pages I feel as though I have had a solid enough experience to demonstrate my commitment. My AfD history is still strong, and have demonstrated that when new information comes to light I am more than willing to change to WP:SPEEDYKEEP. Not going to pretend my reviewing record has been perfect, had a momentary lapse of memory on disambiguators in page titles, but was quickly caught and reminded. I feel as though I have learned, and I don't often make the same mistake twice. IceBergYYC (talk) 06:53, 8 September 2023 (UTC) (Updated by IceBergYYC (talk) 14:06, 12 September 2023 (UTC))
- Automated comment This user was granted temporary new page reviewer rights by (expires 00:00, 22 September 2023 (UTC)). — MusikBot talk 07:00, 8 September 2023 (UTC)
- Don't sweat the mistakes; it's a learning process. What's important is that you follow the process and that you're open to accepting the consensus of other editors when it differs from your judgement. Saying this of course means that I'm now going to point out another mistake: Draft:Huzaifa Jamil Swati is a duplicate of Ammar Ali Jan (the name in the references, as you spotted) and therefore should have been WP:A10'd rather than sent to draftspace (where it is technically a minor copyvio). But I agree that you've got the hang of it, thank you again for volunteering. Done – Joe (talk) 14:25, 12 September 2023 (UTC)
- Done. You have a stellar AfD and article creation record, so I'll forego the usual one-month trial... have you considered requesting that other perm? – Joe (talk) 14:30, 12 September 2023 (UTC)
I'd like to help with the backlog. I've been around for a while and have a good grasp of guidelines and policies. I often patrol recent edits for vandalism and review drafts at AfC. I commit to reviewing only as a volunteer. gobonobo + c 17:49, 11 September 2023 (UTC)
I would like the new page reviewer right to help with the massive NPP backlog (As of September 12, 2023, it is at 10783 articles). I am also quite active in WP:RM. I promise to only edit as a volunteer. History6042 (talk) 20:29, 12 September 2023 (UTC)
- Automated comment This user has had 1 request for new page reviewer declined in the past 90 days (). — MusikBot talk 20:30, 12 September 2023 (UTC)
I particularly enjoy helping new editors who are figuring out Wikipedia still, but have a strong passion for learning how to help the encyclopedia. I can more closely relate to these users because I myself was one only a year ago, and after this last year I feel confident in my knowledge on article creation, deletion as well as Wikipedia’s notability guidelines.
There have been ups and down this last year. Don’t get me wrong! Some articles I have learned are not quite ready to stand alone, and others almost seem to write themselves. I am not perfect, and I am still learning every day. However, this is exactly why I think helping out new editors would be a role I’d find very fulfilling. I want to help people learn to edit for Wikipedia — not get overwhelmed by the process.
Thank you! 4theloveofallthings (talk) 14:06, 13 September 2023 (UTC)