A bud of Sour Diesel showing trichomes and THC crystals
|Species||Cannabis sativa dominant hybrid|
|Part of a series on|
Sour Diesel is a hybrid strain of Cannabis sativa
American journalist Jeff Hobbs credited the strain's development to his friend Robert Peace prior to Peace's death in 2011. An alternative version attributes it to a New York City grower known as "AJ" during the mid-1990s.
In popular culture
Sour Diesel has appeared in works by Ryan David Jahn and Toby Rogers. The strain gave its name to two rap albums by Doap Nixon, as well as a single by Dame Grease. The Flatbush Zombies single "Face-Off", a rap song about recreational drug use, also mentions Sour Diesel at the start of its second verse: "Perfect day, 10 bitches, and some sour diesel."  It is a favorite strain of rapper Wiz Khalifa. In season 3 episode 4 of the online TV show Broad City, Sour Diesel is featured as one of the cannabis-strains in possession of one of the two main characters.
- Nazaryan, Alexander (August 8, 2014). "American Horror, Ivy League Edition". Newsweek. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Orange Sour". January 7, 2021.
- MaHarry, Lindsay (August 18, 2016). "AJ Sour Diesel: The Strain That Launched 1,000 Rifts". Kindland.com. Archived from the original on 2020-02-01. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Jahn, Ryan David (January 31, 2017). The Breakout. Macmillan. p. 44. ISBN 9781466886209. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Rogers, Toby (March 1, 2015). The Ganja Godfather: The Untold Story of NYC's Weed Kingpin. Trine Day. p. 14. ISBN 9781937584962. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Juon, Steve (July 29, 2008). "Jedi Mind Tricks Presents Doap Nixon - Sour Diesel". RapReviews.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Dame Grease 'Sour Diesel' Video Featuring NORE & Styles P". Rapdirt.com. October 5, 2007. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Bell, Max (July 15, 2013). "What Kind of Weed Do These Five Rappers Smoke?". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Kelley, Rebecca. "Yas Kween: Broad City's Best Cannabis Moments". Retrieved 2017-04-23.
Media related to Sour Diesel at Wikimedia Commons