|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||414.630 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?) (verify)|
HU-308 (also known as onternabez, HU308, PPP-003 and ARDS-003) is a cannabidiol (CBD)-derivative drug that acts as a potent cannabinoid agonist. It is highly selective for the cannabinoid-2 receptor (CB2 receptor) subtype, with a selectivity more than 5,000 times greater for the CB2 receptor than the CB1 receptor. The synthesis and characterization of HU-308 took place in the laboratory of Raphael Mechoulam at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (the HU in HU-308) in the late 1990s. The pinene dimethoxy-DMH-CBD derivative HU-308 was identified as a potent peripheral CB2-selective agonist in in vitro and animal studies in 1990 and 1999.
Tetra Bio-Pharma owns the intellectual property rights to HU-308.
HU-308 is non-psychoactive and not scheduled at the federal level in the United States. It is a Schedule I controlled substance in the state of Florida making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess there.
- ^ a b Mechoulam R, Lander N, Breuer A, Zahalka J (1990-04-11). "Synthesis of the individual, pharmacologically distinct enantiomers of a tetrahydrocannabinol derivative". Tetrahedron Asymmetry. 1 (5): 315–318. doi:10.1016/S0957-4166(00)86322-3.
- ^ a b Hanus L, Breuer A, Tchilibon S, Shiloah S, Goldenberg D, Horowitz M, et al. (December 1999). "HU-308: a specific agonist for CB(2), a peripheral cannabinoid receptor". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 96 (25): 14228–14233. Bibcode:1999PNAS...9614228H. doi:10.1073/pnas.96.25.14228. PMC 24419. PMID 10588688.
- ^ "Properties of HU-308 ~ Formula C27H42O3". Pitt Quantum Repository. University of Pittsburgh Department of Chemistry.
- ^ US 9549906, Lynch M, Kelly M, "Composition & Methods for Treatment of Ocular Inflammation &/or Pain", issued 24 January 2017, assigned to Panag Pharma, Inc.
- ^ "Tetra Bio-Pharma Closes the Acquisition of Panag Pharma". May 2019.
- ^ "21 CFR — Schedules of controlled substances §1308.11 Schedule I." Archived from the original on 2009-08-27. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
- ^ "Chapter 893 - Drug abuse prevention and control". Florida Statutes.