Cannabis in Romania is illegal for recreational and for medical use. Although it was technically legalized for medical use in 2013, it has not been eliminated from the Table I of High Risk Drugs, and as such its use is prohibited.
In 1928, Romania established laws for countering narcotics, including hashish and its preparations.
Advocacy for reform
- Robert C. Clarke, Mark D. Merlin. Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany. University of California Press, 2013. p. 109
- "EMCDDA | Country legal profiles". Emcdda.europa.eu. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- "Romania Legalizes Medical Marijuana, Becomes 10th EU Country To Permit Therapeutic Use". Novinite. 6 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- Gates, Sara (5 October 2013). "Romania To Allow Medicinal Use Of Marijuana Derivatives, But Drug Remains Illegal". HuffPost. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "Medical Marijuana in Romania". marijuanadoctors.com. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Toea, Diana (6 July 2016). "Marijuana medicinala e legala in Romania. De ce nu avem pe piata niciun medicament pe baza de canabis". ziare.com. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "USR Tineret nu mai vrea pedepsirea consumului de canabis. Propunere de lege". Retrieved 22 April 2020.