|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||47.75 kg/mol g·mol−1|
|(what is this?)|
It was investigated in Phase II/III clinical trials for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. It has also been studied for use in allergic asthma. The drug is a chimeric antibody from Macaca irus and Homo sapiens.
Lumiliximab was developed by IDEC Pharmaceuticals, which was acquired by Biogen. Clinical trials for CLL were terminated in 2010, and for allergic asthma in 2007. Results published from the CLL clinical trial failed to meet primary endpoints.
- International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances (INN). World Health Organization.
- http://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800008890[full citation needed]
- Byrd, J. C.; Kipps, T. J.; Flinn, I. W.; Castro, J.; Lin, T. S.; Wierda, W.; Heerema, N.; Woodworth, J.; Hughes, S.; Tangri, S.; Harris, S.; Wynne, D.; Molina, A.; Leigh, B.; O'Brien, S. (2009). "Phase 1/2 study of lumiliximab combined with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia". Blood. 115 (3): 489–495. doi:10.1182/blood-2009-08-237727. PMC 2810983. PMID 19843887.
- Clinical trial number NCT00801060 at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Awan, Farrukh T.; Hillmen, Peter; Hellmann, Andrzej; Robak, Tadeusz; Hughes, Steven G.; Trone, Denise; Shannon, Megan; Flinn, Ian W.; Byrd, John C. (2014). "A randomized, open-label, multicentre, phase 2/3 study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of lumiliximab in combination with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and rituximab versus fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and rituximab alone in subjects with relapsed ch". British Journal of Haematology. 167 (4): 466–77. doi:10.1111/bjh.13061. PMID 25130401.