Direct democracy in Oregon
The U.S. state of Oregon is one of the many states in the United States that has direct democracy in the form of initiatives and referendums. Oregon residents introduced this system in 1902 with a ballot measure. Nationwide, referendums and initiatives became known as the “Oregon System” of direct government.
- Direct Legislation League
- History of direct democracy in the United States
- Initiatives and referendums in the United States
- Direct democracy
- “Oregon Blue Book – Initiative, Referendum and Recall Introduction”. Oregon Secretary of State. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- State by state listing of where initiatives and referendums are used Archived February 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine