|Part of a series on|
A marijuana vending machine is a vending machine for selling or dispensing cannabis. They are currently in use in the United States and Canada and some may be located in secure rooms in marijuana dispensaries. Some may be operated by employees after a fingerprint scan is obtained from the patient. In Canada in 2013, marijuana vending machines were planned to be used in centres that cultivate the drug. At least three companies are developing the vending machines.
In 2019, a cannabis vending machine was installed in Athens, Greece, for low-THC CBD cannabis products.
- "Seattle gets a marijuana vending machine". USA Today. February 4, 2015. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- McElroy, Justin (April 27, 2016). "Vancouver dispensary, home to Canada's first marijuana vending machine, vows to stay open". Global News. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Marijuana easily 'dispensed' in Vancouver, fifth estate finds". CBC News. February 2, 2015. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Marijuana Vending Machines Popping Up At California Pot Clubs " CBS San Francisco". Sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2013-10-19. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Marijuana Vending Machines, Stoner Fantasy, May Become Industry Norm". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-06-09. Retrieved 2013-10-19. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Blackwell, Tom (2013-10-16). "The pot vending machine's first foreign market? Canada, of course, 'a seed for the rest of the world'". National Post. Retrieved 2013-12-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)