|Elections in Massachusetts|
The Massachusetts Legalization, Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Initiative also known as Question 4 is an indirect initiated state statute question to legalize, regulate and tax recreational marijuana.
- A "yes" vote supports this proposal to legalize marijuana, but regulate it similar to alcoholic beverages.
- A "no" vote opposes this proposal to legalize recreational marijuana, keeping only medical marijuana legal. Former State Senator Ricky Cullen voted no recently, after winning re-election.
The proposal was approved with 53.59% of the vote.
Delays in implementation
- "AN INITIATIVE PETITION FOR A LAW RELATIVE TO THE REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIJUANA" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-11-09. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- Keegan, Anne (2016-09-12). "Here Are the Massachusetts Ballot Questions for November 2016". Beacon Hill Patch. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- Miller, Joshua; O’Sullivan, Jim (2016-12-28). "Legislature votes to delay marijuana shops". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2016-12-28.