Cannabis in Peru is not illegal for recreational use, possession for own consumption is also decriminalized by the Criminal Code and medical cannabis was legalized in 2017.
In 2017, the administration of President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski announced a plan to legalize medical cannabis in Peru. The announcement followed a raid in Lima, in which police shut down an operation which produced cannabis medicines for 80 members whose children suffered from epilepsy and other ailments. Later that year, by a vote of 68 to 5, Peru's congress legalized cannabis oil for medical use.
- Prado Saldarriaga, Pablo (1996). "El tipo básico en el delito de tráfico ilícito de drogas". Archived from the original on 1996.
- "Modificando el Código Penal en materia de Tráfico Ilícito de Drogas". Instituto de Defensa Legal – Seguridad Ciudadana. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15.
- "Ley Nº 28002" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-10-06. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "Código Penal. Decreto Legislativo Nº 635".
- Manuel Vigo. "Peru rules out proposals to legalize marijuana". Archived from the original on 20 November 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Legalización de la marihuana en Perú a debate". Peru21. 19 July 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- TNI. "Peru - Drug Law Reform in Latin America". Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Peru's government proposes to legalise medical marijuana | The Independent