|Directed by||Victor Masayesva, Jr|
|Produced by||Victor Masayesva, Jr|
Imagining Indians is a 1992 documentary film produced and directed by Native American filmmaker, Victor Masayesva, Jr. (Hopi). The documentary attempts to reveal the misrepresentation of Indigenous Native American culture and tradition in Classical Hollywood films by interviews with different Indigenous Native American actors and extras from various tribes throughout the United States.
- Portrayal of Native Americans in film
- Stereotypes of Native Americans in North America
- Reel Injun (2009)
- Playing Indian
- Inventing the Indian (2012)
- Imagining Indians: Film information Retrieved on July 20, 2007
- Victor Masayesva, Jr.: Photography and film-making Basic Info Retrieved on March 14, 2010
- Hearne, Joanna. 2005. "John Wayne's teeth: Speech, sound and representation in "Smoke signals" and "Imagining Indians"." Western Folklore 64 (3/4): 189–208.