|Districts of the U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Location||United States Virgin Islands|
3 (U.S. Census Bureau)
|Populations||4,170 (Saint John) – 51,634 (Saint Thomas (U.S. Census Bureau divisions)|
|Areas||19.61 square miles (50.8 km2) (Saint John) – 82.88 square miles (214.7 km2) (Saint Croix) (U.S. Census Bureau divisions)|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
the United States Virgin Islands
The districts are:
Saint Thomas and Saint John together form a single district, while Saint Croix is a separate district. However for statistical purposes, the United States Census Bureau treats each of the three main islands (Saint Thomas, Saint John and Saint Croix) as a separate county equivalent despite the fact that there are only two districts.
The U.S. Virgin Islands legislature has 15 seats: 7 seats are for the Saint Croix District, 7 seats are for the Saint Thomas and Saint John District, and one seat is for someone who must live in Saint John.
Below is the U.S. Census Bureau's model, in which each of the 3 main islands is counted as a separate district:
- Anna's Hope Village (pop. 4,041)
- Christiansted (pop. 2,626)
- Christiansted town (pop. 2,433)
- East End (pop. 2,453 )
- Frederiksted (pop. 3,091 )
- Frederiksted town (pop. 859 )
- Northcentral (pop. 4,977)
- Northwest (pop. 4,863)
- Sion Farm (pop. 13,003)
- Southcentral (pop. 8,049)
- Southwest (pop. 7,498)
- Charlotte Amalie (pop. 18,481)
- Charlotte Amalie town (pop. 10,354)
- East End (pop. 8,403)
- Northside (pop. 10,049)
- Southside (pop. 5,411)
- Tutu (pop. 6,867)
- Water Island (pop. 182)
- West End (pop. 2,241)
- Saint Croix — 78010
- Saint John — 78020
- Saint Thomas — 78030
- List of settlements in the United States Virgin Islands
- Islands of U.S. Virgin Islands
- Minor islands of the United States Virgin Islands
- 2010 Census U.S. Virgin Islands Archived 2012-10-02 at the Wayback Machine Also available at https://www.census.gov/2010census/news/xls/cb11cn180_vi.xls
- http://www.legvi.org/senators/st-thomasst-john/senator-marvin-a-blyden/ Archived October 12, 2018, at the Wayback Machine legvi.org. Senator Marvin A. Blyden. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- http://www.legvi.org/history/ Archived October 12, 2018, at the Wayback Machine Legvi.org. History. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/how-many-counties-are-there-united-states USGS. How many counties are there in the United States? Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- https://www.census.gov/geo/reference/codes/cou.html 2010 FIPS Codes for Counties and County Equivalent Entities. Census.gov. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/reference/GARM/Ch4GARM.pdf States, Counties, and Statistically Equivalent Entities (Chapter 4). Census.gov. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- http://www.statoids.com/uvi.html Districts of the United States Virgin Islands. Statoids.com. Retrieved July 7, 2018.