|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||369.508 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
JWH-210 is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family, which acts as a potent cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors, with Ki values of 0.46 nM at CB1 and 0.69 nM at CB2. It is one of the most potent 4-substituted naphthoyl derivatives in the naphthoylindole series, having a higher binding affinity (i.e. lower Ki) at CB1 than both its 4-methyl and 4-n-propyl homologues JWH-122 (CB1 Ki 0.69 nM) and JWH-182 (CB1 Ki 0.65 nM) respectively, and than the 4-methoxy compound JWH-081 (CB1 Ki 1.2 nM). It was discovered by and named after John W. Huffman.
JWH-210 may be neurotoxic to animals when administered in high doses.
JWH-210 and JWH-122 were banned in Sweden on 1 October 2010 as hazardous goods harmful to health, after being identified as ingredients in "herbal" synthetic cannabis products. The substances JWH-210, JWH-122 and JWH-203 were classified as illegal drugs by the Swedish government as of 1 September 2011.
As of October 2015 JWH-210 is a controlled substance in China.
- "Ustawa z dnia 15 kwietnia 2011 r. o zmianie ustawy o przeciwdziałaniu narkomanii ( Dz.U. 2011 nr 105 poz. 614 )". Internetowy System Aktów Prawnych. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Huffman, J.; et al. (2005). "Structure-activity relationships for 1-alkyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indoles at the cannabinoid CB(1) and CB(2) receptors: steric and electronic effects of naphthoyl substituents. New highly selective CB(2) receptor agonists". Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. 13 (1): 89–112. doi:10.1016/j.bmc.2004.09.050. PMID 15582455.
- Hye Jin Cha; Yeon-Hee Seong; Min-Ji Song; Ho-Sang Jeong; Jisoon Shin; Jaesuk Yun; Kyoungmoon Han; Young-Hoon Kim; Hoil Kang; Hyoung Soo Kim (November 2015). "Neurotoxicity of Synthetic Cannabinoids JWH-081 and JWH-210". Biomolecules & Therapeutics. 23 (6): 597–603. doi:10.4062/biomolther.2015.057. PMC 4624077. PMID 26535086.
- : Schedules of controlled substances
- Swedish Code of Statutes Regulation (2010:1086).
- Swedish Code of Statutes Regulation (2010:1086). (pdf)
- LVFS 2011:8
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.