|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||371.47 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
JWH-081 is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family, which acts as a cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors. With a Ki of 1.2nM it is fairly selective for the CB1 subtype, its affinity at this subtype approximately 10x the affinity at CB2. It was discovered by and named after Dr. John W. Huffman.
JWH-081 may be neurotoxic to animals when administered in high doses.
As of October 2015 JWH-081 is a controlled substance in China.
- “Ustawa z dnia 15 kwietnia 2011 r. o zmianie ustawy o przeciwdziałaniu narkomanii (Dz.U. 2011 nr 105 poz. 614)”. Internetowy System Aktów Prawnych. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Aung MM, et al. Influence of the N-1 alkyl chain length of cannabimimetic indoles upon CB1 and CB2 receptor binding. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2000; 60:133-140.
- Huffman JW, et al. Structure–activity relationships for 1-alkyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indoles at the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors: steric and electronic effects of naphthoyl substituents. New highly selective CB2 receptor agonists. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. 2005; 13:89-112.
- Hye Jin Cha; Yeon-Hee Seong; Min-Ji Song; Ho-Sang Jeong; Jisoon Shin; Jaesuk Yun; Kyoungmoon Han; Young-Hoon Kim; Hoil Kang; Hyoung Soo Kim (November 2015). “Neurotoxicity of Synthetic Cannabinoids JWH-081 and JWH-210”. Biomolecules & Therapeutics. 23 (6): 597–603. doi:10.4062/biomolther.2015.057. PMC 4624077. PMID 26535086.
- “关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知” (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.