|9th Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands|
|Assumed office |
December 29, 2015
|Preceded by||Eloy Inos|
|10th Lieutenant Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands|
January 12, 2015 – December 29, 2015
|Preceded by||Jude Hofschneider|
|Succeeded by||Victor Hocog|
Ralph Deleon Guerrero Torres
August 6, 1979
Saipan, Mariana Islands, Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands
|Spouse(s)||Diann Mendiola Tudela|
|Education||Boise State University (BA)|
Ralph Deleon Guerrero Torres (born August 6, 1979) is an American Republican politician from Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands. He has served as the ninth Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands since the death of Governor Eloy Inos on December 29, 2015. He previously served as the tenth Lieutenant Governor, which he was elected to in 2014.
Background and personal life
Torres graduated from Boise High School in 1996. He received a BS in Political Science from Boise State University in 2001. In 2004, he began to work with his brother at Torres Brothers, Attorneys at Law.
In 2008, Torres won the election to the Northern Mariana Islands House of Representatives. In 2010, he won the election to the Northern Mariana Islands Senate, acting in a variety of roles. From 2010 to 2015 he was Chairman of the Health & Welfare Committee. In February 2013, he became the President of the Senate.
Upon the death of incumbent Governor Eloy Inos, Torres became the Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands on December 29, 2015. In accordance with the constitution, the Senate president, Victor Hocog, became Lieutenant Governor.
- "Commonwealth Election Commission - Election 2014 Results". Archived from the original on November 30, 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2015.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Ralph DLG. Torres biography". Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Governor's Office. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Rabago, Mark (29 December 2015). "Gov. Eloy Inos Passes Away". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Manglona, Thomas (29 December 2015). "CNMI Governor Eloy Inos Dies". Pacific News Center. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- New governor, lt. governor sworn in Marianas Variety December 29, 2015
- Kartch, John (April 18, 2016). "$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as 'Role Model' for States". Americans for Tax Reform. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Campbell, Matthew (February 15, 2018). "A Chinese Casino Has Conquered a Piece of America". Bloomberg Businessweek. Archived from the original on February 16, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
| Lieutenant Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands
| Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands
|Party political offices|
| Republican nominee for Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands