Cannabis in Peru
Cannabis in Peru is illegal for recreational use, but possession is decriminalized by Art. 299 of the Criminal Code, and cannabis oil was legalized for medical purposes in 2017.
In 2017, the administration of President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski announced a plan to legalize medical cannabis in Peru. The announcement followed a raid in Lima, in which police shut down an operation which produced cannabis medicines for 80 members whose children suffered from epilepsy and other ailments. Later that year, by a vote of 68 to 5, Peru's congress legalized cannabis oil for medical use.
- "Modificando el Código Penal en materia de Tráfico Ilícito de Drogas". Instituto de Defensa Legal – Seguridad Ciudadana. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15.
- "Ley Nº 28002" (PDF).
- "Código Penal. Decreto Legislativo Nº 635".
- Manuel Vigo. "Peru rules out proposals to legalize marijuana". Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Legalización de la marihuana en Perú a debate". Peru21. 19 July 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- TNI. "Peru - Drug Law Reform in Latin America". Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Peru's government proposes to legalise medical marijuana | The Independent
- Peru Proposes to Legalize Medicinal Marijuana | News | teleSUR English